Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed the matchup to MMA Fighting following an initial report from Eurosport. UFC 287 takes place April 8 at a venue and location to be announced, though sources indicated Brooklyn, N.Y., and Miami are two potential hosts.
Rosas Jr. burst on to the scene as the youngest-ever DWCS competitor and secured his UFC contract at 17. At 18, he won his octagon debut this past December with a first-round submission of Jay Perrin, which earned him his first UFC bonus, which he said he would put toward buying his mother a minivan to take him to the UFC Performance Institute. His overall pro MMA record is 7-0.
Rodriguez, a DWCS vet, makes his third UFC appearance after a first-round submission of Joshua Weems upped his octagon record to 1-1. His overall record stands at 8-1.
UFC 287’s headliner has not been announced by the UFC.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage