At the UFC 279 official weigh-ins, all 26 fighters on Saturday’s fight card in Las Vegas will step on the scale Friday, and MMA Fighting has live video of the proceeding that can be seen above.
In the main event, welterweights Nate Diaz and Khamzat Chimaev can weigh no more than 171 pounds, the maximum allowed for their non-title welterweight fight. In the co-main event, Tony Ferguson and Li Jingliang are also capped at 171 pounds for their non-title welterweight fight.
The UFC 279 official weigh-ins are expected to begin at 12 p.m. ET, and the highlights are below.
The UFC 279 ceremonial weigh-ins are expected to begin at 7 p.m. ET, and the video is up top.
Main card (ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET)
Khamzat Chimaev (178.5)* vs. Nate Diaz (171)
Tony Ferguson (171) vs. Li Jingliang (170.5)
Preliminary Card (ESPNN/ESPN+ at 8 p.m. ET)
Early Prelims (ESPN+ at 6 p.m. ET)
*Chimaev missed the welterweight limit. He now meets Kevin Holland in a 180-pound catchweight bout, while Nate Diaz fights Tony Ferguson in the new UFC 279 main event
**Dawodu missed the featherweight limit. His bout with Julian Erosa proceeds at a catchweight with Dawodu forfeiting 30 percent of his purse as penalty
***Barnett missed the heavyweight limit. His bout with Jake Collier proceeds at a catchweight with Barnett forfeiting 20 percent of his purse as penalty
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage