Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed the matchup for the Oct. 15 event at UFC APEX in Las Vegas. Bout agreements are expected to be signed shortly. MMA Island first reported the pairing.
Rodriguez makes a quick turnaround after prominent placement on the shuffled UFC 279 card. Originally scheduled to face Kevin Holland at the pay-per-view event, he was rebooked against Li Jingliang when headliner Khamzat Chimaev’s weight miss forced a last-second shift. Rodriguez made the best of the change, outpointing Jingliang in a somewhat controversial decision.
Rodriguez welcomed a rematch with the Chinese fighter, whom he outweighed by nearly 10 pounds, but instead accepted a fight with Magny, one of the 170-pound division’s most durable presences. Magny is three months removed from a loss to red-hot prospect Shavkat Rakhmonov, who submitted him in the first round to snap a two-fight winning streak.
Overall, Magny is 19-8 in the octagon and will attempt to halt the rise of another contender in Rodriguez, who is 7-1. UFC Vegas 62 is expected to be headlined by a flyweight matchup between Alexa Grasso and Viviane Araujo.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage