Ciryl Gane will be the smaller man when he steps into the cage on Saturday according to an official reading of the scale.
The former interim UFC heavyweight champion weighed in at 247 pounds at Friday’s official weigh-ins for UFC Paris, 19 pounds lighter than main event adversary Tai Tuivasa, who came in at 266 pounds (the maximum limit for a non-title heavyweight bout). This is nothing new for Gane, who weighed in at 247 pounds for a third straight fight and typically gives up a double-digit weight advantage to his opponents.
Gane enters Saturday’s card as the No. 3 heavyweight in MMA Fighting’s Global Rankings, with Tuivasa two spots behind him at No. 5.
All 24 fighters competing on Saturday’s card at Accor Arena in Paris successfully made weight.
See full UFC Paris weigh-in results below:
Main Card (ESPN+ at 3 p.m. ET)
Ciryl Gane (247) vs. Tai Tuivasa (266)
Robert Whittaker (186) vs. Marvin Vettori (186)
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 12 p.m. ET)
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage