Aldana’s upkick to the liver shut down Chiasson at the 2:21 mark of the second round, and a bunch of fighters saw a new move to practice on Monday morning.
As scorecards from the fight later revealed, Aldana’s win came just at the right time – she dropped the second round to Chiasson after a strong first round in which she appeared to damage her opponent’s elbow with an armbar attempt.
Here’s what fighters had to say about Aldana’s win over Chiasson at UFC 279.
Crazy ending to a very competitive and fun fight…well done ladies #ufc279— Alex Volkanovski (@alexvolkanovski) September 11, 2022
An entire generation of fighters just got inspired lol— Terrance ‘T Wrecks’ McKinney (@twrecks155) September 11, 2022
Heal kicks to the liver in the gym all day Monday! #UFC279Live— Alan Jouban (@AlanJouban) September 11, 2022
Wonder if that cracked a rib forget the liver! #ufc279— Joe Joe Giannetti (@Giannettimma) September 11, 2022
WUUUUUT!?! I know what everyone is doing in the gym on Monday #UFC279— Jeff Molina (@jmolina_125) September 11, 2022
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage