Valentina Shevchenko just had the closest call of her flyweight title reign.
Although Shevchenko successfully logged her seventh straight title defense in the UFC 275 co-main event on Saturday, “Bullet” had to sweat out the judges’ decision after five tense rounds. Challenger Taila Santos threatened with submissions on the ground and battled for advantageous positions, but in the end two of the judges scored the fight in Shevchenko’s favor.
See the official scorecards below:
Judges Howard Hughes and David Lethaby had dueling 48-47s, while Clemens Werner scored the fight 49-46 Shevchenko. Werner’s score drew the ire of some vocal members of the MMA community, with UFC flyweight contender Casey O’Neill going as far as to say that the judge should be fired.
On MMA Decisions, 19 of 27 media scores were in Shevchenko’s favor, with three outlets agreeing with Werner’s 49-46 Shevchenko score.
How did you score Shevchenko vs. Santos?
This poll is closed
Other (leave comment below)
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage