Lerone Murphy found himself in the hospital after getting into a cycling accident.
The undefeated UFC featherweight posted a picture of himself in a hospital bed on Instagram, accompanied by a caption explaining how he ended up there and how a lengthy wait for medical assistance could have caused the situation to be much worse.
“Ffs I can’t catch a break,” Murphy wrote. “Another near death experience. Yesterday while cycling, an oncoming car turned right without looking and we collided at speed. Which caused a nasty head wound. The ambulance took 45 minutes to arrive which nearly caused me to bleed out. I’m here still breathing for a greater purpose clearly.”
This is not the first time Murphy, 30, has had a brush with death. In May 2013, three years before becoming a professional fighter, the Englishman was shot three times in a suburb of Manchester. The bullets struck his face and neck. Murphy has mentioned that the incident motivated him to turn his life around.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage