Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting that a wrist injury has forced Chris Curtis out of the UFC’s April pay-per-view event, and Du Plessis will now face Anthony Hernandez. The card takes place April 9 at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla.
Hernandez was originally slated to face Albert Duraev at the event. Per sources, Duraev has been scratched from the card with a rib injury. “Fluffy” makes his first appearance since picking up a memorable submission win over Rodolfo Vieira at UFC 258 in December 2019.
UFC 273 currently has 14 bouts on the slate, with a featherweight title fight between Alexander Volkanovski and “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung in the main event. Aljamain Sterling takes on Petr Yan in a rematch for the bantamweight championship in the co-main event.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage