Zviad Lazishvili is no longer a UFC fighter, the promotion confirmed to MMA Fighting on Tuesday.
Lazishvili (13-1) signed with the promotion as an undefeated LFA bantamweight champion in 2021 and made his octagon debut this past October against Jonathan Martinez, losing a decision in Las Vegas.
The 30-year-old was then hit with multiple suspensions for a failed drug test.
The Nevada Athletic Commission decided in January to ban him for nine months and fine him $2,126 after he tested positive for clomiphene, a banned performance-enhancer. Five days later, the United States Anti-Doping Agency announced a 10-month suspension for the same violation.
USADA revealed in its announcement that Lazishvili proved that “his use of clomiphene occurred prior to entering the program,” but he failed properly declared it. Lazishvili will be cleared to compete on Aug. 23, 2022.
Damon Martin contributed to this report.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage