At least from a promotional standpoint, the UFC is pushing forward with its plans for London.
See the poster below:
The UFC London main event could produce a future title challenger in the heavyweight division, with Volkov — No. 6 in MMA Fighting’s Global Rankings — having won three of his past four fights and Aspinall (No. 10) having finished all four of his UFC opponents. However, it is also possible that their fight does not proceed as scheduled.
On Saturday, multiple people with knowledge of the situation told MMA Fighting that Volkov — a native of Russia — may have issues with his visa due to the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Should he be restricted from traveling to the United Kingdom, it’s unclear if Volkov will have his fight with Aspinall rescheduled or if the UFC will seek a new opponent to fight Aspinall in London.
UFC London takes place March 19 at 02 Arena in London and is expected to air on ESPN+.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage