The location for the May 7 card was originally expected in Brazil, but it appears those plans have changed with UFC 274 likely shifting back to the U.S. A final destination for the event is still to be determined.
The fight serves as Oliveira’s second title defense after he dispatched Dustin Poirier this past December with a third-round submission to cement his place atop the 155-pound division.
As for Gaethje, he will attempt to become UFC champion for the second time in his career. The battle-hardened vet looks to build off his previous showing, a “Fight of the Year” performance against Chandler that ended with a unanimous decision. The win secured his place as the No. 1 contender.
Gaethje has gone 5-1 in his past six fights with his only loss during that time coming to former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Gaethje later confirmed the fight online, referencing a previous comment about a “riot” if he didn’t fight for the title next.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage