In the main event of Invicta FC 44, Ducote and Danielle Taylor went to battle over the vacant strawweight championship. Almost immediately, both women began to sling leather. While Ducote found a home for her right hand early, Taylor shook off the blow and continued to circle away.
But after stunning Taylor with another right hand, Ducote put an end to the bout with a skull-rattling left head kick to win the 115-pound title.
Earlier in the night, Tennant squared off against Lisa Verzosa to crown a new bantamweight champion. After a tentative first round, Verzoza women sprung to life to kick off the second frame. Too bad Tennant was having none of it, as she circled away from Verzosa’s attacks before dropping her with a flurry of punches to close out Round 2.
Picking up right where she left off, Tennant continued to find a home for her strikes in Round 3. Refusing to take her foot off the gas, Tennant looked to continue her onslaught of strikes. While Verzosa attempted to fight back, she found little success in implementing her own offense.
With a clear advantage on the judges’ scorecards, Tennant plodded forward with strikes to kick off the final round. With 30 seconds left, Tennant slapped a kick across Verzosa’s to seal the dominant decision win.
Below is the complete list of winners from Invicta FC 44:
- Emily Ducote def. Danielle Taylor via KO (head kick) - Round 1, 2:51
- Taneisha Tennant def. Lisa Verzosa via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 49-46)
- Brogan Sanchez def. Emilee King via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1, 4:28
- Liz Tracy def. Jodie Esquibel via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Serena DeJesus def. Lauren Mueller via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28 )
- Helen Peralta def. Caitlin Sammons via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Marisa Messer-Belenchia def. Katie Saull via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Natalie Salcedo def. Katie Perez via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Kayla Yontef def. Carlene Chandler via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 3:13