After missing weight on his first attempt by a quarter of a pound, Gastelum was given an extra hour to cut and successfully hit the middleweight mark at 186 pounds on his second try to make the UFC Vegas 34 headliner official. Cannonier weighed in earlier at 185 pounds.
Gastelum’s used around 30 minutes of his extra time before returning to the scale for his second attempt.
UFC newcomer Saidyokub Kakhramonov missed by 2.5 pounds for his bantamweight bout opposite Trevin Jones (135) scheduled for the main card. Kakhramonov is stepping in on less than a week’s notice for Mana Martinez, who withdrew from the bout for undisclosed reasons.
The Jones-Kakhramanov bout will proceed at a catchweight with Kakhramanov forfeiting 20 percent of his purse to Jones as penalty, according to the UFC.
Check out the UFC Vegas 34 weigh-in results below.
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+ at 10 p.m. ET)
Jared Cannonier (185) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (186)
Clay Guida (155) vs. Mark O. Madsen (156)
Trevin Jones (135) vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov (138.5)*
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET)
*Kakhramonov missed the bantamweight limit. He forfeits 20 percent of his purse to opponent Trevin Jones and the bout will proceed at a catchweight.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage