Longtime MMA veteran Edson Draggo was arrested by the Brazilian Federal Highway Police in Santiago, Brazil, with 22 pounds of cocaine and crack, MMA Fighting has confirmed following a report by local network SBT.
Draggo was arrested on Monday afternoon with drugs hidden underneath the rear bumper and inside the dashboard of a white Fiat Siena. The 43-year-old attempted to escape but was caught by the police. According to the police, the drugs are worth around $380,000.
PRIDE, Cage Rage veteran Edson Draggo was arrested on Monday afternoon with 22 pounds of cocaine hidden underneath the rear bumper and inside the dashboard of a white Fiat Siena.— Guilherme Cruz (@guicruzzz) August 17, 2021
PRF RShttps://t.co/fgejf9tzAn pic.twitter.com/uIWG2A2Pgf
The Brazilian fighter has been arrested several times before, accused of robbery, embezzlement, kidnapping and illegal possession of a weapon.
Draggo fought twice under the PRIDE and Cage Rage banners more than a decade ago, losing to Paweł Nastula and Yoshihiro Nakao in Japan and going 1-1 in Europe. Draggo, who lost five in a row after leaving PRIDE in 2007, fought twice this year in Parana, Brazil, to boost his MMA record to 13-7 with a pair of first-round stoppages.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage