Santos and Kunitskaya played an April Fools’ joke earlier this year with a fake pregnancy announcement, but multiple people close to the fighters told MMA Fighting that it is true this time.
Kunitskaya (14-6, 1 no contest) last fought on July 10, losing via first-round stoppage to Irene Aldana. The Russian fighter was on a two-fight winning streak over Ketlen Vieira and Julija Stoliarenko prior to the setback. The former Invicta FC title contender is 4-3 under the UFC banner.
“Foxy” announced on social media that “I will be back in octagon [in] 2022.”
In the meantime, Santos (21-9) returns in the main event of UFC’s Fight Night card on Oct. 2 against fellow Brazilian light heavyweight Johnny Walker, looking to snap a three-fight losing skid to then-champion Jon Jones, Glover Teixeira and Aleksandar Rakic.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage