Claressa Shields will compete in her second mixed martial arts bout at the PFL’s biggest event of the year.
Promotional officials confirmed Thursday that Shields will face Abigail Montes at the PFL championship event on Oct. 27 following an initial report from the Washington Post. The fight card, which will also crown six new divisional champs along with six $1 million prizes, takes place at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Fla.
Mexico’s Montes will look to improve her professional record to 3-0 in the biggest opportunity of her young career. The 21-year-old earned a unanimous decision over Claudia Zamora in her mixed martial arts debut at Combate Americas 45 in September 2019. In her sophomore bout this past April, Montes earned a second-round TKO victory over Teresita De Jesus Lopez at iKon Fighting Federation 6.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage