Daniel Rodriguez is stepping up to the plate.
Rodriguez (15-2) has agreed to face Kevin Lee in a welterweight contest on less than three weeks’ notice at UFC Vegas 35. MMA Fighting confirmed the bout Wednesday following an initial report by ESPN.
Rodriguez is fresh off a first-round TKO of Preston Parsons in July. The 34-year-old is 5-1 over his octagon run, which includes a submission of Tim Means and decision over Mike Perry. His only loss over that span was a November 2020 setback against Nicolas Dalby.
Lee (18-6) is hoping to rebound after a tough recent stretch that saw him lose four of his last six UFC bouts and undergo multiple knee surgeries last year. Still just 28 years old, the one-time UFC interim title challenger has only competed at 170 pounds once in his octagon career, losing via fourth-round submission to Rafael dos Anjos in May 2019.
This poll is closed
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage