MacDonald, a former Bellator welterweight champion, lost a controversial split decision to UFC veteran Gleison Tibau on Thursday at PFL 5, which took place at the Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City, N.J. Two judges scored the bout 29-28 for Tibau while one scored 29-28 for MacDonald.
Judges Cardo Urso and Dave Tirelli gave Tibau rounds 1 and 3, while judge Eric Colon gave MacDonald round 1 and 2.
See the official scorecard here:
Do you agree with the scoring?
Full PFL 5 results can be seen below.
- Gleison Tibau def. Rory MacDonald via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ray Cooper III def. Nikolay Aleksakhin via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Emiliano Sordi vs. Dan Spohn ends in a draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-28)
- Chris Camozzi def. Cezar Ferreira via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Vinny Magalhaes ends in No Contest (groin strike) at 2:45 of R1
- Cory Hendricks def. Marthin Hamlet via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:09 of R3
- Joao Zeferino def. Jason Ponet via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 2:16 of R2
- Magomed Magomedkerimov def. Curtis Millender via submission (ezekiel choke) at 1:57 of R1
- Tom Lawlor def. Jordan Young via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Sadibou Sy def. Alexey Kunchenko via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
How do you think PFL 5’s main event should’ve been scored?
This poll is closed