Kyle Daukaus seeks a second UFC win this April when he meets a newcomer to the octagon.
Officials announced Tuesday that Daukaus (10-1) will fight Aliaskhab Khizriev (13-0) in a middleweight bout at an event on April 10, with a location still to be announced. The matchup was first reported by TASS.
Daukaus won his first UFC fight in November to improve to 1-1 in the promotion, defeating Dustin Stoltzfus by unanimous decision. The former Cage Fury Fighting Championships middleweight titleholder also made an appearance on the Contender Series in 2019, where he picked up a win but did not receive a contract at the time.
The unbeaten Khizriev won a contract on the Contender Series last year with a 50-second submission win over Henrique Shiguemoto. That signing followed an impressive run in Russia’s Fight Nights Global promotion that included wins over veterans Rousimar Palhares and Yasubey Enomoto.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage