An Ultimate Fighter winner is set to make his return to the octagon after almost two years away.
Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting that a featherweight matchup between Mike Trizano and Rafael Alves will take place at the UFC’s event on Feb. 20. A location or venue has yet to be revealed.
MMA DNA was first to report the booking.
Trizano will make his third promotional appearance and first since May 2019. “The Lone Wolf” captured his season’s reality show title when he defeated Joe Giannetti at the TUF 27 Finale in July 2018. He would go on to earn a split decision win over fellow castmate Luis Pena before suffering his first loss to Grant Dawson in his most recent bout at UFC Rochester.
Alves makes his octagon debut after earning a contract on Dana White’s Contender Series in August where he submitted Alejandro Flores in the second round. Entering his 29th professional fight, “The Turn” has won his last five, which includes victories competing Combate Americas and Titan Fighting Championship.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage