Marlon Moraes had surgery on his right shoulder Tuesday and it was a success, the UFC fighter told MMA Fighting.
The former bantamweight title contender decided to go under the knife to fix an injury that has been bothering him for a while and will have to wear a cast for six weeks. Moraes said he expects to be cleared to resume training in 10 weeks.
“Magic” signed with the UFC after winning 13 in a row, including victories over the likes of Miguel Torres, Tyson Nam and Josh Hill (twice) during his run as WSOF champion, and made his way towards a shot at the UFC belt with four straight wins inside the octagon, but came up short against Henry Cejudo.
“I just want to return and get back to my best performances,” he said.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage