Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed that the matchup between Ostovich and Mazany will take place at the UFC’s event on Nov. 28 following an initial report from MMA Junkie.
Ostovich returns to action for the first time since her January 2019 submission loss to Paige VanZant at UFC on ESPN+ 1. The 29-year-old has dealt with various injuries and a one-year suspension from the United States Anti-Doping Agency after she tested positive for ostarine and GW1516 following an out-of-competition drug test administered on Jan. 3. Ostovich received a four-month credit due to a provisional suspension she faced in 2019 for an atypical finding that was investigated by USADA.
After a four-fight stint in her first tenure with the UFC, Mazany was brought back to the promotion earlier this year. “Danger” took on Julia Avila in June and was finished via first-round TKO. The 32-year-old’s lone promotional victory took place against Yanan Wu in December 2017.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage