Being compared to arguably the most dominant lightweight in the history of the sport isn’t a bad thing. But Khamzat Chimaev is trying to forge his own legacy rather than following in the footsteps of Khabib Nurmagomedov.
After earning his first two wins while showcasing a ferocious ground game, Chimaev said he had something to prove at UFC Vegas 11 while distancing himself from the constant comparisons with Nurmagomedov.
“Yeah because everybody say, ‘You are Khabib, Khabib No. 2,’ something like that – but I am Khamzat,” Chimaev said after his win at the UFC Vegas 11 post-fight press conference. “I can knock out people. Smash the people. Everything. I have everything.”
Considering how he’s already torn through three opponents with plans to fight again sooner rather than later, Chimaev is ready to test himself against the best opponents the UFC can throw at him regardless of weight class.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage