Daron Cruickshank’s next fight is now booked.
“Detroit Superstar” inked a one-bout deal with Taura MMA for Oct. 30 and will take on Brazilian lightweight talent Deivison Ribeiro in Kissimmee, Fla., promotion officials told MMA Fighting.
Cruickshank (22-13, 1 no contest) is still under contract with RIZIN, but was allowed to compete for the Brazilian-based promotion since he’s currently unable to enter Japan to compete due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The UFC veteran is looking to bounce from a three-fight losing run that dates back to Dec. 2018, a pair of RIZIN losses to Damien Brown and Tofiq Musaev and a Bellator defeat to Goiti Yamauchi. Cruickshank scored four knockouts in a row prior to this recent skid.
Ribeiro (27-11, 1 no contest) is a former XFC featherweight champion who went 1-1 since returning from a brutal Anderson Silva-like leg break in 2016. Ribeiro was challenging Andre Harrison for the Titan FC featherweight belt when he suffered the injury.
Taura MMA 11 will be headlined by a light heavyweight title bout between defending champion Richardson Moreira and fellow UFC veteran Jonathan Wilson. Antonio Silva takes on Brett Martin in the co-main event. The card also includes Gleison Tibau vs. Chris Cisneros, the company announced following a report from Ag. Fight.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage