Claudia Gadelha won’t be facing Yan Xiaonan at UFC 253 after all, as the Brazilian had to withdraw from the Sept. 26 pay-per-view event with a knee injury, MMA Fighting confirmed after a report from Combate.
Gadelha flew to Las Vegas to get her knee checked at the UFC Performance Institute, sources said. Xiaonan is hoping to get a new opponent for the card.
The former UFC strawweight title challenger was aiming to secure her first three-fight winning streak inside the octagon following decisions over Randa Markos and Angela Hill, but will have to wait a bit longer before fighting again.
Xiaonan (12-1, 1 no contest) won five decisions in a row since joining the UFC in 2017, capped off by victories over Karolina Kowalkiewicz and Angela Hill. The Chinese prospect hasn’t lost in a decade, a run that includes 10 victories and one no=contest.
UFC 253 will be headlined by middleweight champion Israel Adesanya opposite Paulo Costa, while Dominick Reyes battles Jan Blachowicz for the vacant light heavyweight title. The company has yet to announce where the event will take place.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage