Brazilian jiu-jitsu wizard Rodolfo Vieira will face Markus Perez when he returns to the octagon on Oct. 10, multiple sources told MMA Fighting. The UFC has yet to determine the exact location for the card and its headlining attraction.
A five-time jiu-jitsu world champion as a black belt and an ADCC gold medalist, Vieira compiled a perfect 7-0 record with seven finishes since making the transition to mixed martial arts in 2017, including back-to-back submissions over middleweights Oskar Piechota and Saparbeg Safarov in the UFC.
Perez (12-3) was scheduled to face Eric Spicely at last week’s UFC event in Las Vegas, but “Zebrinha” was pulled from the card after failing to make weight for the 195-pound catchweight contest.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage