Eric Spicely's next fight is set.
The former UFC middleweight inked a one-fight deal with Brazilian-based promotion Taura MMA to make his return to the cage against a yet-to-be-defined opponent on Nov. 22, sources told MMA Fighting.
Spicely (12-5) submitted Thiago Santos and Alessio Di Chirico in his first UFC run before getting let go by the promotion after three straight defeats. Spicely was called back to the UFC following a pair of first-round finishes in 2019, but lost a decision in a short-notice “Fight of the Night” middleweight contest with Deron Winn.
A black belt in jiu-jitsu with half of his wins coming by way of submission, Spicely was matched up against Markus Perez at UFC Vegas 5 on Aug. 1, but was removed from the card due to weight cut issues after then cut from the company.
Speaking with MMA Fighting earlier this month, just days after being released by the UFC, Spicely said he was taking antidepressants after a severe concussion suffered against Winn.
“I don’t think that I’m being treated unfairly,” Spicely said at the time. “It’s a bummer, but it’s the way the cookie crumbles. It’s unfortunate. I haven’t fought in one year, I haven’t made money. I was supposed to fight in March, but the coronavirus happened and the fight got canceled, and they said they’d rebook me soon. This is the first fight they’ve rebooked me, and it’s been a hard one, for sure.”