Holm and Aldana originally were supposed to meet on Aug. 1 at UFC Vegas 5, but a positive COVID-19 test for Aldana forced the bout to be canceled. Holm’s management targeted October for a rebooking, and the date has now been finalized. The new date was announced on Saturday’s UFC 252 broadcast.
Upon announcing her COVID positive, Aldana said she was still recovering from the virus and had taken every precaution to stay illness-free during the pandemic. She thanked the UFC and her fans for their support.
Holm most recently appeared in the octagon at UFC 246, when she outpointed Raquel Pennington in a rematch of a 2015 meeting that also ended in a Holm decision win. The former champ has bounced between wins and losses in her past six fights, which includes three UFC title shots.
Aldana is trying to fight her way into title contention with two recent wins bolstering her resume. She knocked out the surging Ketlen Vieira at UFC 245 to jump to the front of the possible challengers for the bantamweight title.
The Oct. 3 event does not have an announced location yet. UFC President Dana White has said the promotion could return to Fight Island in Abu Dhabi for an extended residence.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage