Multiple sources confirmed the matchup to MMA Fighting on Wednesday following an initial report from ESPN.
The always flashy Pereira stormed into the UFC with a highlight-reel knockout over Danny Roberts, but he’s failed to capitalize on that win after dropping his past two fights. Pereira looked like he was on his way to a win over Diego Sanchez in his last appearance but an illegal knee strike ended the fight, which caused him to be disqualified.
The Brazilian will attempt to stave off three losses in a row when he returns in September.
Imadaev will be seeking to avoid the same fate after he dropped his first two bouts under the UFC banner. The Russian lost a decision to Max Griffin in his debut before suffering a knockout loss to Danny Roberts this past November.
Now Pereira and Imadaev will battle it out with job security on the line in September.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage