A long awaited rematch between Michael Chandler and Benson Henderson has been rescheduled for the upcoming Bellator event on Aug. 7.
Multiple sources confirmed the matchup to MMA Fighting following an initial report from Combate in Brazil. This will be the third time in the past eight months that this rematch has been booked.
After Chandler defeated Henderson in their first meeting in 2016, Bellator put the lightweights back together for a clash originally scheduled at the year-end card in Japan this past December.
Unfortunately, Henderson suffered an injury that knocked him out of the bout, and Chandler went onto dispatch Sidney Outlaw by first-round knockout.
Chandler and Henderson were then matched up for Bellator 244 on June 6, but the entire card was eventually scrapped due to the coronavirus pandemic. Bellator hasn’t staged a show since February, and its return to action currently is scheduled for July 24.
Now, the lightweights will try again with the rematch set for Aug. 7. Chandler looks to pick up a win in the final fight of his current contract with Bellator. As for Henderson, he’s rattled off four wins in a row, including a unanimous decision over fellow UFC veteran Myles Jury in his previous outing in Sept. 2019.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage