The two former strawweight champions earned the Fight of the Night award at UFC 251 on Saturday in Abu Dhabi, and along with it an extra $50,000 each. Namajunas defeated Andrade by split decision after three high-paced rounds.
Their first meeting at UFC 237 in May 2019 ended with Andrade taking Namajunas’ UFC title with a dramatic second-round slam knockout. That bout also won Fight of the Night and Andrade scored a Performance of the Night bonus for the finish.
An Ultimate Fighter finalist, Grant picked up his first finish in almost eight years and just the second knockout of his career when he finished Martin Day with a KO punch in the third round of the UFC 251 preliminary opener.
Prochazka topped that finish in the evening’s final preliminary bout, a clash with one-time UFC light heavyweight title challenger Volkan Oezdemir. After a mystifying first round in which Prochazka showed off his unorthodox style to limited success, the RIZIN FF champion leveled Oezdemir with a punch early in round two that left Oezdemir flat on the mat.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage