Boston Salmon’s first fight after being released from the UFC ended in devastating fashion after he was the victim of a vicious illegal knee strike on Friday night.
The former Contender Series veteran was facing off with Shawn West in the first LFA card back following the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
The fighters traded punches in a wild exchange on the feet but Salmon got the worst of it and he tumbled backwards towards the cage.
With his knee down and hands clearly on the mat, West rushed towards him and unloaded a devastating knee that absolutely blasted Salmon. He was knocked unconscious immediately but knee strike came while Salmon was still clearly a downed opponent.
West was ultimately disqualified for the flagrant illegal strike and Salmon was awarded the victory.
At this time, there has been no update on Salmon’s condition following the knockout at the event held in South Dakota.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage