Chase Hooper’s sophomore UFC appearance is set for the promotion’s next pay-per-view event.
Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting that Hooper will take on Alex Caceres at UFC 250 on June 6. “The Dream” subsequently announced the bout would take place via his Instagram on Thursday.
After earning a developmental contract with the UFC on Dana White’s Contender Series in July 2018, Hooper competed for CFFC, Titan FC and Island Fights—competing to a split draw and earning a pair of finishes—ahead of his octagon debut at UFC 245. The 20-year-old defeated Daniel Teymur via first-round TKO in the December bout to remain unbeaten in his 10-fight pro career.
Caceres, 31, enters the contest with wins in two of his last three. Following an opening round submission loss to Kron Gracie in February 2019, “Bruce Leroy” bounced back with a unanimous decision win over Steven Peterson in July. The TUF 12 contestant will enter the octagon for the 22nd time in a little over two weeks time.
Get the latest gear
- Jon Jones Autographed 16x20 Kick Photo
- Jon Jones UFC Fathead on Sale
- Jon Jones Battle Cry T-Shirt
- UFC Reebok Baseball Adjustable Hat
- Conor McGregor Framed Autographed UFC 205 Photograph
- UFC Reebok USA Country Snapback Adjustable Hat
- UFC Single Fight Model Glove Display Case
- Conor McGregor UFC Autographed Alvarez KO Spotlight