Claressa Shields isn’t being shy when it comes to dipping her toes into MMA.
The multiple-division boxing champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist has been open about her interest in a possible move to cagefighting and on Friday she shared some footage to social media of what she described as her “first time ever throwing a kick in my life.”
Lol first time ever throwing a kick in my life! But as promised! Save the criticism, you guys couldn’t throw a jab like me on the first day ❤️ To be continued though, I enjoyed practice pic.twitter.com/6ARbaHdpVd— ClaressaT-rexShields (@Claressashields) February 7, 2020
In the short clip, Shields shows off a few kicks and knees along with the punching power that has made her a star in the world of boxing. The 24-year-old sports a 10-0 pro boxing record and recently added light middleweight gold to her trophy case.
UFC President Dana White has spoken to Shields and her team about the fighter potentially crossing over, and UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes answered questions about Shields following her win over Germaine de Randamie at UFC 245. “The Lioness” threatened to take Shields down and submit her should they ever face off in the Octagon.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage