Tito Ortiz was quick to respond to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation overturning his most recent win.
Following the news that Ortiz’s win over Alberto El Patron (a.k.a. “Alberto Del Rio”) from a Combate event last December was officially changed to a “no decision,” the 45-year-old MMA legend took to Instagram to voice his displeasure with the ruling.
“This is a BS claim that will get overturned,” Ortiz wrote. “I promise you all. Sad way to get attention at my expense.”
The details around the TDLR’s decision remain murky. Ortiz fought El Patron in the main event of Combate Americas 51, which took place in Hidalgo, Texas. He made short work of the pro wrestling star, securing a rear-naked choke submission inside of a round.
Neither Combate Americas nor the TDLR have provided an explanation for the bout being overturned to a no decision, with a TDLR spokesperson telling MMA Fighting, “The results of the fight were changed pending further investigation.”
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage