Strawweight prospects will cross paths in the first quarter of 2021.
Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting that a matchup between Kay Hansen and newcomer Cheyanne Buys will take place at the UFC’s event on March 20. As of now, no location has been revealed for the fight card.
Instagram account I Like Who I’m Becoming MMA was first to report the booking.
Hansen will look to get back on track after dropping a very close unanimous decision to Cory McKenna at UFC Vegas 14 in November. The 21-year-old made her octagon debut in June and submitted Jinh Yu Frey in the third round at UFC on ESPN 12.
Buys will make her promotional debut after earning a contract on Dana White’s Contender Series in August. “The Warrior Princess” earned an impressive unanimous decision win over Hilarie Rose and left a lasting impression on UFC president Dana White. The 25-year-old—who also competes in the promotion with her husband JP, a fellow DWCS contract winner—has won four straight fights.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage