An uppercut knocked Natividad to the ground in a near backflip and sent his mouthpiece flying at the 2:51 mark of the opening frame, giving Johns his second UFC win and putting him back in the win column.
Here’s the finish:
Johns previous UFC appearance ended in the wrong kind of highlight-reel finish; Mario Bautista caught him with a flying knee and finished him off with ground and pound in February.
This time out, Johns kept a persistent jab against Natividad, whose octagon debut against Brian Kelleher was canceled this past month due to a positive COVID-19 test. Additionally, he used takedown attempts and fence pressure to keep Natividad from racking up too much offense.
It was a solid attack, but it was when they separated from the clinch in the third round that Johns unleashed his most devastating weapon. Johns has now won 2-3 in the octagon, while Natividad sees a five-fight streak snapped.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage