Multiple sources confirmed the matchup to MMA Fighting on Wednesday following an initial report from MMA Junkie.
Tucker and Quarantillo were previously booked in April but the coronavirus pandemic prevented the fight from actually happening. Quarantillo ended up fighting and defeating Spike Carlyle but then contracted COVID-19 himself, which pushed back his return to action.
Quarantillo eventually came back in September where he knocked out Kyle Nelson in the third round to move his UFC record to 3-0 overall.
As for Tucker, he finally returned in August where he submitted Justin Jaynes by rear-naked choke to notch his second win in a row overall with a 3-1 resume in the UFC thus far in his career. Afterwards, Tucker immediately started calling for the fight against Quarantillo to be rebooked.
“We had a little back and forth on social media, and I said it, he’s extremely difficult to finish,” Tucker told MMA Fighting. “I think a lot of people make a mistake to try and blaze him in the first round. He’s got knockouts. He looks good.
“I like what Kenny Florian said, ‘When the fight gets dark, Billy will be there,’ and I love that. That’s what I want. If you’re not looking for those kinds of challenges, what are we even doing in the f**king UFC?”
Tucker will now face Quarantillo in December as part of the upcoming UFC 256 card, which will be headlined by a pair of title fights as Amanda Nunes faces Megan Anderson with the featherweight championship going up for grabs while Petr Yan will look to defend his bantamweight crown for the first time as he takes on Aljamain Sterling.