A welterweight bout has been added to the UFC’s November slate of fight cards.
Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting that Alex Morono will take on Rhys McKee on Nov. 14 following an initial report from MMA Junkie. The event will take place at the UFC APEX in Las Vegas.
In his most recent appearance, Morono saw his three-fight winning streak snapped in just 27 seconds by newcomer Khaos Williams at UFC 247. Prior to that, the Fortis MMA 170-pounder picked up decision wins over Kenan Song and Max Griffin, along with a first-round TKO stoppage of Zak Ottow. The 30-year-old is set to make his 11th octagon appearance.
McKee will look for his first UFC win after stepping in on short notice to face Khamzat Chimaev in July. The former Cage Warriors and BAMMA fighter was finished in the first round by Chimaev which put a halt to his three-fight winning streak.
As of now, the UFC has yet to announce a main event for the Nov. 14 fight card.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage