A thrilling all-European featherweight clash has been confirmed from March 21’s UFC London card as England’s Mike Grundy looks to take a second win in his second Octagon outing when he meets SBG’s Makwan Amirkhani.
The UFC officially announced the bout via social media on Tuesday after it was initially revealed by Amirkhani through his Betsafe sponsors over the weekend.
Grundy (12-1-0) trains out of Liverpool’s celebrated Team Kaobon alongside Darren Till and made his much anticipated debut under the UFC banner at last year’s London event, underlining his stellar skill set with a second-round finish of former Cage Warriors featherweight champion Nad Narimani.
A wrestling stylist, Grundy won a bronze medal in the freestyle category of the Commonwealth Games in 2014.
Amirkhani (15-4-0) had a two-fight win streak snapped when he met Shane Burgos in his U.S. debut at Madison Square Garden. After being on the end of Burgos’ striking onslaught for the first two rounds, “Mr. Finland” succumbed to his strikes in the last 30 seconds of the bout. The SBG fighter got off to a great start in 2019 by submitting former Cage Warriors champion and jiu-jitsu black belt Chris Fishgold.
Check out Eurobash for all the latest thrills and spills in European MMA.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage