Rachael Ostovich has withdrawn from a second straight fight.
Ostovich will not be competing against Shana Dobson (3-3) at UFC Auckland on Feb. 22 as scheduled, people with knowledge of the withdrawal confirmed to MMA Fighting. In her place, Priscila Cachoeira (8-3) will step in on short notice to preserve the flyweight matchup.
The news was first reported by MMA Junkie.
The reason for Ostovich’s withdrawal has not been disclosed.
Cachoeira looks to avoid the dubious distinction of going 0-4 in the Octagon after suffering losses to Valentina Shevchenko, Molly McCann and Luana Carolina. “Pedrita” was unbeaten prior to joining the UFC, with four knockout victories in her first eight fights.
A cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter 26,” Dobson is 1-2 in the UFC. She has lost two straight since defeating Ariel Beck by second-round TKO in her debut for the promotion in December 2017.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage