clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

KSW 50 results: Philip De Fries, Tomasz Narkun retain titles, Norman Parke claims interim title


Philip De Fries put on a grinding display to successfully defend his KSW heavyweight title for the third time in the main event of KSW 50 at the SSE Arena in London, England on Saturday night with a unanimous decision win over Luis Henrique.

De Fries forced Henrique to carry his weight against the fence throughout the contest, with the Brazilian threatening with chokes on several occasions from the clinch. In the striking exchanges, De Fries managed to land a number of jabs on Henrique with “KLB” having success with leg kicks towards the end of the contest.

Speaking after his win, the English heavyweight champion apologized to the London gathering.

“I apologize for my condition,” said De Fries. “My conditioning wasn’t where it should’ve been. I’ll be better next time.”

Tomasz Narkun reminded fans of his dominance in his preferred weight at light heavyweight class following his loss to heavyweight champion De Fries with a first-round submission win over Przemyslaw Mysiala. After dropping his counterpart to the canvas with a devastating right hand in the first round, “The Giraffe” followed Mysiala to the ground and sank in a guillotine choke that eventually led him to his fourth title defense.

Roberto Soldic had the unfamiliar feeling of going the distance for just the second time in his 20-fight career after accepting a short-notice replacement opponent in Michal Pietrzak. After some competitive exchanges early on, Soldic took control of the contest, marking Pietrzak up from his signature southpaw stance. Speaking after the contest, “Robocop” lamented the fact that the fight was not contested over five rounds, insisting that he may have found the finish if the fight went on for an additional 10 minutes.

Earlier in the night, Norman Parke edged out short-notice replacement Marcin Wrzosek to claim the interim lightweight title via split decision. Parke’s pressure and dynamic mix of striking and grappling likely won him the nod and the Northern Irish lightweight agreed to fight Wrzosek in a rematch in the immediate aftermath of the close decision.

The Polish fighter later revealed that he broke his foot midway through the second round of the title fight.

Check out the full results for KSW 50 here.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the MMA Fighting Daily Roundup newsletter!

A daily roundup of all your fighting news from MMA Fighting