Joe Schilling will make the walk to the Bellator cage once again.
On Tuesday morning, sources confirmed Schilling will square off against Tony Johnson in a middleweight bout on the preliminary card of Bellator 229 in October.
Schilling (4-5 MMA, 23-9 kickboxing), a multiple-time kickboxing and Muay Thai champion, is currently riding a two-fight win streak under the Bellator banner, which includes a decision over Keith Berry and a TKO over Will Morris.
Johnson (8-2) was last seen earning a decision over Alton Cunningham during the second week of this year’s Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series. This win extended his win streak to four straight, which includes a second round KO win over Mike Ortega at Bellator 183.
Bellator is currently slated to take place on Oct. 4 inside Pechanga Resort and Casino in Temecula, Calif. With this latest addition, here is how the rest of the card stands:
- Andrey Koreshkov vs. Lorenz Larkin
- Saad Awad vs. Goiti Yamauchi
- Derek Anderson vs. Guilherme Bomba
- Anatoly Tokov vs. Hracho Darpinyan
- Adel Altamimi vs. Salim Mukhidinov
- Jay Jay Wilson vs. Jorge Juarez
- Joe Schilling vs. Tony Johnson