Jon Jones is headed back to court for a bench trial regarding the misdemeanor battery charges he’s facing from an incident that took place at a strip club in April.
The bench trial is scheduled for Sept. 26, according to court records obtained by MMA Fighting on Monday.
Jones faces misdemeanor battery charges after a waitress from TD’s Eubanks Showclub accused the UFC fighter of touching her inappropriately, putting her in a chokehold and grabbed her several times while he was at the club.
A new video released by KRQE in Albuquerque on Monday shows the victim in the case explaining what happened when speaking to police officers who arrived at her apartment to take her statement.
“The whole situation is so complicated,” the victim says in the video. “I’m not really sure what to say. This person gets away with f--king everything.”
Jones has denied all wrongdoing in the case and pled not guilty to the charges.
Jones faces a maximum of six months in jail and up to a $500 fine if he’s found guilty. He could also potentially face up to six months of probation if convicted.
UFC president Dana White has stood by Jones following the incident claiming he saw some of the videos from the night the light heavyweight champion visited the strip club and he was confident that he would return to action before the end of 2019.
“Some of the videos are coming back. I’ve seen some videos. I don’t want to talk about it cause I don’t want to hurt his case or whatever but it’s unfortunate, let’s put it that way,” White said back in July. “When you’re famous, these types of things happen to you.
“From what I’ve seen so far, when it all surfaces and comes to the top, it looks good for Jon. It looks very good for Jon Jones. It’s quite sad actually.”