A pair of new fights have been confirmed for the upcoming UFC Fight Night card in Newark, N.J. on Aug. 3 as Volkan Oezdemir meets Ilir Latifi while New Jersey native Jim Miller faces off with Clay Guida.
The fight between Oezdemir and Latifi was originally scheduled for the UFC Fight Night card in Sweden in early June but was cancelled just days before the event took place. Latifi suffered a back injury during fight week that forced him out of the contest and the bout against Oezdemir was pulled from the card.
The UFC opted to reschedule the fight for Aug. 3 with both Oezdemir and Latifi looking to bounce back from recent losses.
Meanwhile, Miller (30-13-0) will get the chance to fight in his home state for the eighth time during his UFC career. The veteran lightweight contender is coming off a win in his most recent fight where he took out Jason Gonzalez by first round rear naked choke while also taking hom a ‘Performance of the Night’ bonus as well.
He faces Guida (35-18-0), who is fresh off a unanimous decision win over UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn, which moved him to 3-1 in his past four fights.
Update: The UFC announced several more fights for Newark event shortly after the Oezdemir vs. Latifi and Miller vs. Guida fights were announced.
See the list of bouts below:
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage