The UFC strawweight champion and her wife Fernanda Gomes were robbed Thursday morning, with robbers taking her Honda HR-V, smartphones and documents. On Friday night, Andrade posted a video on her Instagram stories announcing that the car had been found and returned.
“Coming by to thank everyone who helped me posting on social media and trying to find my car. I recovered it today,” Andrade said. “Thank you for everything. The car is already here at home, I went to the police station today, so everything is alright. Nothing bad happened to me and to Fernanda, we’re fine.”
Andrade was driving the car in Icarai, six miles away from her home, with Gomes sitting on the passenger’s seat, when armed men stopped the vehicle. “Bate Estaca” and her wife her unharmed in the robbery.
“We’re relaxing at home now. We recovered it,” Andrade said. “Life goes on. I won’t be the first or the last person to get robbed and carjacked, but that’s it, we’re just another statistic now [laughs]. Thanks, guy.”
The Brazilian fighter captured the UFC’s 115-pound championship on May 11, knocking out Rose Namajunas in the main event of UFC 237 in Rio de Janeiro. Currently riding a four-fight winning streak over Namajunas, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Tecia Torres and Claudia Gadelha, Andrade now waits for her first title defense.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage