It took a little longer than expected, but Alexander Volkanovski is home.
The UFC featherweight contender hardly had time to celebrate his win over two-time world champion Jose Aldo last weekend at UFC 237 as he had to be taken to a hospital in Chile shortly afterwards to deal with a bacterial infection in his leg. Volkanovski provided a video update on his status the following Friday and he announced Monday that he is back home in Australia.
In the post, Volkanovski wrote that he was welcomed by his family upon touching down and being picked up by a limousine.
There was talk of Volkanovski receiving a shot at current featherweight champion Max Holloway should he defeat Aldo, but just days after UFC 237 it was announced that Holloway would be fighting Frankie Edgar at UFC 240 on July 27. That’s a matchup Volkanovski will have a keen interest in should he decide to play the waiting game rather than book another fight.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage