Invicta FC’s “Phoenix Rising” tournament has undergone has some late changes after two fighters suffered complications with their weight cuts Thursday in Kansas City.
Invicta FC veterans Mizuki Inoue and Janaisa Morandin have been removed from the one-night, eight-woman tournament, which is set to crown a new strawweight champion.
Inoue, who was scheduled to face Sharon Jacobson in a quarterfinal matchup, was “forced to withdraw for safety reasons,” according to Invicta FC officials, after failing to make it to the scale. Morandin, who was scheduled to face Brianna Van Buren, was also pulled from the tourney after missing weight.
In their place, Jacobson will face Amber Brown and Van Buren will face Manjit Kolekar.
Invicta FC: Phoenix Rising takes place on Friday, May 3, at the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas. The event will stream live on UFC Fight Pass.
Weigh-in video can be watched above and weigh-in results can be seen below.
- Strawweight Co-Main Event: Kay Hansen (115.4) vs. Magdaléna Šormová (115.4)
- Strawweight Tournament Reserve Bout: Alyssa Krahn (115.8) vs. Itzel Esquivel (115.7)
- Strawweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Amber Brown (115.7) vs. Sharon Jacobson (115.7)
- Strawweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Manjit Kolekar (115.7) vs. Brianna Van Buren (115.8)
- Strawweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Danielle Taylor (115.7) vs. Juliana Lima (115.5)
- Strawweight Tournament Quarterfinal: Kailin Curran (116) vs. Sunna Davíðsdóttir (115.9)