It only took Cosmo Alexandre one punch to send Sage Northcutt into the operating room.
Taking to Instagram, Northcutt revealed he had suffered eight fractures from Alexandre’s knockout blow at ONE Championship: Enter the Dragon, forcing him to undergo nine hours of surgery in Singapore.
View this post on Instagram
Fresh out of surgery...I had 8 fractures and a nine hour intense operation. Feeling blessed for the amazing care and all the support from @onechampionship, my family/friends and fans! My Terminator face is not too Shabby.. “I’ll be back!” Next post is catheter removal ...stay tuned-JK
In terms of competition, the setback marked Northcutt’s (11-3) first loss since coming up short to Mickey Gall in December 2016. The man known as “Super” previously rattled off three straight victories over Michel Quiñones, Thibault Gouti and Zak Ottow inside the UFC Octagon. Following that string of success, Northcutt made waves by announcing he was leaving the UFC in favor of signing with ONE Championship.
For Alexandre (8-1), a multiple time kickboxing champion, the victory extended his win streak to eight straight while marking his sixth career (T)KO.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage