It wasn’t the greatest night for Brazilians fighting at UFC 237 in Rio — or at least not until the end.
After former champions Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo fell on the main card against Jared Cannonier and Alexander Volkanovski respectively, it looked as though Jessica Andrade was well on her way to following suit. Yet when she scored a dramatic second-round slam knockout of Rose Namajunas, her fortunes changed in a hurry.
And so did her pocket book.
Andrade was awarded two different bonuses for her table-turning theatrics on Saturday night, one for Performance of the Night, and one for Fight of the Night honors. She received the standard $50,000 for each.
The event, which was held at Rio de Janeiro’s Jeunesse Arena, had an announced live gate of 15,193 paid through the door.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage